[VHFcontesting] 6m Beam Spacing

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 6m Beam Spacing
From: n8gls@arrl.net (Bradford J. Williams - N8GLS)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:49 2003
Hi group,

Looking to add 6m to the VHF set-up.  Currently running 2M with a Cushcraft
17B2 on the tower with a Hygain TH5MK2 (HF tribander) about 5 feet below it.
My dilemma is that I can only go about 5 foot more in mast height on the
tower which would stuff the 6m beam between the HF tribander and the 2m beam
(5 feet between each if equally spaced).  Any comments on this spacing or
similar mast configurations would be appreciated.

Also, I'm gagging on the quoted shipping costs of a new mast pipe, anyone
have a local Cleveland OH (or relatively close) source for chrome molly or
similar ??

Thanks for any replies !!

73 de N8GLS, Brad