[VHFcontesting] Sprint-O-gram

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Sprint-O-gram
From: w3iy@fcc.net (Bill Seabreeze)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:47 2003
Yo,
Despite a bad wx forcast, the sprint was really fun from FM08us @ 3300ft.
Propagation seemed below average to me, but activity & enthusiasm was
really good.  Even the squirrels lounging on the roadway on the cold
mountain
got frisky, when we approached. (they seem to sleep there in family groups,
until something spooks them off the road).

The rover survived it's christening of the newly-rebuilt K8ISK diving board
antenna platform, and seemed to behave, mechanically.  Hope it will last
a few thousand rover-miles, as the last one did. (watch those low altitude
gas station rooftops!!)

Even with some equipment problems, we managed to work some QSOs
on all bands 903-47GHz.  It was a blast.

Tnx to all for the activity and camradery!
Hope to get out a few times before the June contest to verify various
band fixups and anomoly exorcisms.

903 10Qs/6grids
1296 14Qs/7grids
2304 5Qs/3grids
3456 2Qs/2grids
5760 3Qs/1grid
10368 5Qs/1grid
24192 1Q/1grid (tnx W4RX)
47099 1Q/1grid (tnx W4RX)

It was also fun finding a few old friends on 2m SSB on the ride home.
6m was extremely quiet and unresponsive to CQs.

Keep the bands alive!

tnx & 73,
Bill W3IY