[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rules Revisions - DX - DX

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rules Revisions - DX - DX
From: n0jk@hotmail.com (jon jones)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:46 2003
One rule I would like to see changed is the prohibition on "DX to DX"
contacts - at least in North America/Carib. region. This restriction
discourages many DX stations from entering the VHF QSO Party. A number of
stations have mentioned this to me. To encourage DX stations to work W/VE in
the contest they could earn "double points" for working W/VE. Kind of like
the CQ WW. Currently a station in the American Virgin Is. (KP2) can work
W/VE + DX, but just across the channel British Virgin Is. (VP2) can work
ONLY W/VE for credit.

- Jon NØJK