[VHFcontesting] Category question

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Category question
From: ka5cvh@ka5cvh.com (Mike Urich)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:54 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kharker@cs.utexas.edu>

Some people might be confused if you sign KA5CVH/R and later sign KA5CVH.
Most stations will probably not want to work you again once you're at home,
as their logging software will probably think you are a duplicate.  If
you can, I'd recommend trying to borrow a callsign for one or the other
operation.  Like, if your local radio club has its own club callsign,
ask the officers if you use that for the rover operation.

Mike wrote

I'm probably going to sign /rover while mobile since I will be out and about
both days but not really "roving" if that makes sense.  I figured I'd
probably need to do two logs but was curious if anyone else had been in the
same situation and what they had done.

Thanks all

Oh and BTW Ken, we held our orienteering camp last week up at Sid
Richardson.  Check out the pix at www.jrotc.net click on photo gallery.  We
had two girls from Hong-Kong come to the camp.  The kids met them in Canada
at APOC last year.  I saw Peter & Miki Snell (NTOA) last week and they said
hi to you and Jen.

Mike Urich
www.ka5cvh.com
www.ka5cvh.com/democracy.htm