[VHFcontesting] MAD

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] MAD
From: w3iy@fcc.net (Bill Seabreeze)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:53 2003
Yes, MAD was kinda poor here. ...raining cats & dogs. We
didn't want any more practive setting up the dish in the rain.
 We did get out for a while in the rain and hooked up with 2 stations.
Got a chance to check out the lower bands,and the new AC/DC
power system.  I thought there would at least be a few
guys sitting the comfort of their base stations, but activity was pretty
sad.  Maybe Monday nite will be be better.  Doesn't anyone monitor 144.260?
It's no wonder we get less openings than the Europeans!
Hope to get out and test some more when the wx improves.

We found WA4PGI & W4RX for a few tests.

Here's hoping for clear skies, and better propagation...
Keep ur powder dry!

73,
Bill W3IY/R