[VHFcontesting] Digital in the next ARRL VHF contest ! 223.780mhz!

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Digital in the next ARRL VHF contest ! 223.780mhz!
From: ke3ht@lmrgroup.com (Tim Ertl (KE3HT))
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:36 2003
VHFCONTESTING group members;
Now that Dan (N1ND) of the ARRL has announced that BEACONet (UI-VIEW
and/or the newer yet un-available CU2QSO) programs as acceptable for use
in a ARRL VHF contest I was wondering if anyone had any plans use it in
the next contest? I am excited to try something new and I look forward
to the change of pace.

I am an avid Rover and I can tell you from experience that I can never
tell how good my hilltop site is until I am done. PSK31 has been known
to do a little better than other modes on HF. HF deals with noise, we
deal with scatter. Maybe we will see a little better range?

What band can we figure on using? I suggest a band not heavily used like
maybe 1.25meters? 223.780mhz is suggested by BEACONet? 2 meters is very
busy during the contest so I might want stay away from that.

Being a Microwave bigot I wonder what would happen on 1.2ghz? That would
be fun to try? If I knew people would be there I certainly would put in
some effort attempting to make contacts there. I have 100watts on 903mhz
also? I can go all the way to 5ghz!

ANYBODY GAME TO TRY SOMETHING NEW?

Thoughts and suggestions are very welcome
e-mail ke3htNOSPAM@lmrgroup.com  (remove the NOSPAM)

,,,, Tim
BEACONet details found at: http://go.to/BEACONet
Why Not other PSK31 or AX25 modes: