[VHFcontesting] Beaconet - CU2QSO

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Beaconet - CU2QSO
From: w2ev@arrl.net (Ev Tupis (W2EV))
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:36 2003
> Hmm - maybe in a rover...  but as I understand it, this technology is now
> allowed
> for home stations where this method of preventing more than one signal at a
> time
> would not be sufficient.
>
> It would seem that this hasn't been really throught out for the home station.

Let's not jump to conclusions.

[[The following is not intended to provoke, but to expose the nerve that was
unwittingly touched by the above:  There's a difference between "this hasn't
been really throught out..." and one not taking the time to know enough about
the system before commenting on it.  That's the mistake that Dan@ARRL made and
then was compelled to correct.  Again, no offense intended]].

Read the information on the website and you will find that home-stations
transmit only when they press <F9>.  They lurk otherwise.  It's kind of tough to
have two signals unless you decide to do it consciously.

Guys...quit trying to find reasons to _not_ do something cool.  Give it a try!
This stuff is v-e-r-y cool!

Ev, W2EV
--
http://www.BEACONet.org or join the on-line community by