[VHFcontesting] Radio for Sale

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Radio for Sale
From: k8jwt@ntelos.net (Jacob Tennant)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:35 2003
Item for sale is a Alinco DX7-t HF+6meter Radio purchased new on August
24,2001 via Radio Shack Express. Radio is in great shape as it has only been
used as a mobile for 2 days in a failed VHF Contesting ROVER attempt in
Sept.2001, since then it has been mounted to the side of my computer desk
via the EBC-9 Mobile Mounting Bracket included in this auction. Also
included in this auction is the following: 2 power cords (original &
replacement from K4ABT), a working soundcard to radio interface for digital
modes made from a kit I bought here on Ebay, a homebrewed Microphone switch
box so as to go from digital mode to microphone without having to remove
either device (was used for computer-based contest voice caller). Radio has
never been used on HF bands but has been tested on a dummy load and full
100watt output is observed via Bird wattmeter, however internal switch was
set to limit HF output to 50watts in hopes to use radio as a IF for VHF/UHF
transverters. Also internal jumper has been cut so as to activate rear port
for hard-keying of external devices such as pre-amps or amplifiers. The
above modifications was done by a radio technician and are 100% safe
following the Alinco manual which is also included in this auction as well
as the factory microphone. Selling this radio setup so as to raise funds to
upgrade my setup for more VHF/UHF bands (IC706Mk2G or FT-100D or TS-2000).

Shipping & insurance of package to be determined after auction closes via
shipping method agreed upon by seller & buyer.

Payment preferred via PayPal as I can accept credit cards as well as money
transfers via PayPal, US Postal Money Orders also accepted, however due to
previous problems NO PERSONAL CHECKS will be accepted.

Pictures are available for prospective buyers upon request.

Thank you for your time,
Jacob Tennant  K8JWT