[VHFcontesting] More insights - Log Submittals

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] More insights - Log Submittals
From: w2ev@arrl.net (Ev Tupis (W2EV))
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:42 2003
> Well - I think we are doing paralysis by analysis.

There are three issues that this thread has engendered:

o There is a perception that participation is on the decline
o We are experiencing a decline in log submissions over the past decade
o It is everyone's job to evangelize our hobby

We are paralized only if we try to link the three.  It is important to treat
each issue independently and attack each to see where the problems ARE and ARE
NOT.

Link what you can at the end, but not at the beginning.

No one has analyzed anything yet.  All we have done is thrown around conjecture
and anecdotal "gut feelings".  We are not paralyzed by over analysis...we're
paralized because the _proper_ analysis (asking the right target audience for
input) has yet to be done (or publicly shared, if it has been done).

Ev Tupis, W2EV