[VHFcontesting] the endless debate about declining activity

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] the endless debate about declining activity
From: ihi@frontiernet.net (Jack Isenberg)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:41 2003
Exactly right Joel.  Endless discussions beating a dead horse on subjects such
as declining participation,  logging, arbitrary rules changes and scoring
schemes, etc. does more to decrease activity than increase it.  A couple of
years ago I Un-Subscribed from the forum to keep that huge volume of
nonsensical chatter from being far too bothersome. I am an active contester
both multi op and Rover.  I enjoy seeing what I can do to improve my station,
operating, etc.  Technical discussions help as does any discussion on improving
contesting.  However too much browbeating is a negative.

I also spent time generating what I believe to be a thoughtful response to the
survey and am disappointed to have heard no feedback yet.  I would think a
status report would be in order.  Perhaps if the ad-hoc committee was doing
some useful work, it would cut down endless discussion

John Isenberg
WA2IID