[VHFcontesting] Re:Contesting scores

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re:Contesting scores
From: kg4qdz@arrl.net (KG4QDZ)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:39 2003
> 2.  Going to web based reporting of results means that only those with a
> particular interest are going to pursue the results and, now that the
novelty
> has worn off, submit soapbox comments.  Why can't we have both?
>
> 3.  Ok, I don't want to make this into the next code/no-code debate, but I
> really wish QST would re-think the removal of line scores.  It sends the
> wrong message.

I'll add one more thing, now that I think of it. when I first got started in
ham radio not so long ago, all I had was FM, and I didn't know anything
about contests. HOWEVER, I did look at the score listings in QST and once in
a while would find a call sign I remembered from a repeater QSO. I'd call
them and congratulate them and they'd tell me a bit about it. It sounded
interesting each time.... I'm still slow to get into this, but the listings
are an opportunity for contesting "PR". I don't think I'd hunt it down on
the web if I didn't participate and know where to go for it....

73, Skip

-----
Dr. Skip Coppola, KG4QDZ
EM73ru