[VHFcontesting] RFI/Power line noise problem

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] RFI/Power line noise problem
From: ka5dwi@yahoo.com (Arthur Jackson)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:23 2003
John,
Not knowing what part of town you live in, the worst
noise problems I have ever had that were not power
line  related were:

1. Strip shopping center partly working neon sign that
was designed for an inside shopping mall.  Everytime
it rained the ballast would arch. It was 40 over S9 on
144MHz.  They finally turned it off when I told them
it was a fire hazard.

2. A neighboors door bell was stuck in "ring".  I
guess the buzzing was soothing to them.  They turned
it off for the same reason.

3. My current problem is occasional. I have a
neighboor two blocks east of me that likes to weld in
his garage.  Maybe he will burn his house down one
day.

4. Also check X Ray Flux on Space Weather Now.  There
has been a bunch of solar noise for the last three
months

Good Luck
Art