[VHFcontesting] NE0P Sept VHF contest results

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] NE0P Sept VHF contest results
From: johngeig@yahoo.com (John Geiger)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:23 2003
Well is was a very good weekend for VHF awards.  At
saturday's breakfast I turned in my cards for checking
to Claude, KD5RQ, for my 6 meter VUCC.  That will make
my third 6 meter award (others from EN41 and EN51).
Then on sunday evening I worked KD5EJO/R from EM16 on
2 meters, which gives me 100 grids worked on 2 meters!
 I added EJO from EM06 later for good measure.  I
started my grid hunt in the 2001 Sept contest, so I
took just over a year to work 2 meter VUCC.  Might
take a couple of months more to get cards in to push
me to 100 confirmed on 2.  Lets hope for a good
Leonids!

Conditions for the contest were average, with a little
enhancement sunday evening, but nothing to write home
about.  Meteors were almost nonexistant, and the
storms that came through saturday night caused some
nice static on 6 meters which hurt meteor skeds there.

Here are my contest totals:

Band         QSO        Grids
50           17           6
144          44          20
222           6           1
432          18           8
1296          3           1

Total 4248 points

Worked 2 new grids on 2 (em06, em16) and 1 new grid on
432 (em22).  Thanks to all of the rovers:  AB5SS,
AF5Q, KD5EJO, KD5TPV, N5PYK, and the others I couldn't
hear.

Equipment:

50- Yaesu FT100D, miniquad at 28 feet
144-Yaesu FT100D, 100 watt amp, 13B2 at 24 feet
222-Clegg Mark 3 (FM only), 12 elements fixed east
432-Yaesu FT100D, 100 watt amp, 16 elements at 25 feet
1296-Icom T81A (FM 1 watt), 23 elements hand held

Now if I can only find a way to get on 903!

73s John NE0P

=====
John Geiger
Assistant Professor of Psychology, Cameron University
Ham Call NE0P, active 160-23cm
Yaesu FT100D, Icom T81A, Clegg FM73 (220 MHZ FM)
Now on RTTY, PSK, Hellschreiber, MFSK16, JT44, and HSMS with WSJT
SMIRK 5768, 10X 67581, 6 club 497
5BWAS, DXCC, 2 VUCCs on 50 mhz (Iowa, Illinois)