[VHFcontesting] For Sale

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] For Sale
From: k3dne@adelphia.net (Ed Kucharski)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:30 2003
I have the following items for sale, prices do not include shipping.

1.  Down East Microwave 144-28 transverter.  Factory assembled.  In
excellent condition, provides 25 watts (linear), 35 watts max output on 144
MHz with -20 dBm (30mw) input on 28MHz.  See DEM webpage for more info
at:  http://www.downeastmicrowave.com/pre-cat.htm
With full documentation. $280.

2.  Create CLP5130-1.   50 - 1300MHz Log Periodic Antenna.  Purchased and
assembled in 1993, used once and has been in garage ever since.  Excellent
condition (a little dusty).  23 Elements, 500w pep,  gain 10-12 dBi, < 2:1
swr,  F/B of 15 dB, longest element 9' 10", boom length: 5' 9".  I
purchased to use as a possible rover/portable antenna and ultimately
decided not to rove and to use a different portable antenna
system.    Pick-Up ONLY in Westminster, MD.  $290.

3.  ARCOS 2 meter amplifier and power supply.  600+ watts output.  Uses 2 X
4CX400's.  Classic K2RIW and W2GN
design.   See:  http://www.newsvhf.com/w2gn.html and
http://www.svetlana.com/docs/TechBulletins/appnoteNO.5.html for more info
on this amplifier.
In good working condition (my present 2m amplifier).  Set up for 220vac
easily converted to 120vac.  New tubes 6/2000.
Complete with T/R keying, relays, interconnecting cables and some
documentation. $600.

4.  AEA KK-1 CW Keyboard Keyer with manual.  5 - 90 wpm, 12 message
memories.  Excellent Condition.  $90.

5.  Advanced Receiver Research 144VDG preamp.  GaAsFet (NOT RF sensed) 2
meter receive preamplifier.   20dB gain, 0.5dB noise figure.  Very good
condition (some scratches on case) $30.

6.  1296MHz "Cat-Food Can 50-watt amplifier.  I believe this is the
prototype amplifier built by W4UCH and the basis of the 73 Magazine article
"How To Succeed On 1296 - cat-food can 50 watt amplifer".  Uses a single
2C39 (family) tube - the present tube is of unknown condition.  Requires a
triode power supply with B+ voltage of 800-1200 vdc.  I used this for the
past 5+ years in an air cooled configuration with 1000 vdc, 200mA for
between 25 - 50 watts output depending on the tube and tuning (somewhat
tricky).  Was in working condition with a different tube when taken out of
service 12/2001.  $50.

73,
Ed K3DNE
k3dne@adelphia.net