[VHFcontesting] Rover Operation -- Rules Question

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rover Operation -- Rules Question
From: ihi@frontiernet.net (ihi@frontiernet.net)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:29 2003
You do need to be careful to transmit no more than one signal per band at any
one time.  What I have done to insure this is to build a simple interlock.  I
connect the microphones for the SSB rig and the FM rig to a "Black Box" that I
built.  The push to talk switch from the SSB mike picks a relay which
disconnects the PTT on the FM rig.  The relay contacts also pick the PTT line
to the SSB rig.  That way, if the SSB op keys the rig, the FM rig is dropped (I
intentionally decided to give priority to the SSB station).

(This is a bit of an over simplification, since I also interlocked the CW
keyer, but I think you can get the idea)

Now I do not have to worry about accidentally transmitting two signals at the
same time

73

Jack

WA2IID