[VHFcontesting] Contest conditions (or lack thereof)

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Contest conditions (or lack thereof)
From: johngeig@yahoo.com (John Geiger)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:10 2003
COnditions in EM04 for the June VHF contest were the
worst in a long time.  2 meters was average
propogation, but 6 had very limited Eskip. Had a
couple of brief eskip periods (like 10 minutes each)
on saturday afternoon, with very brief periods on
sunday evening, that was it.  Worked a total of 16
grids on 6 which is very low for a June contest.
Things got so bad I left the contest to watch the
Tyson/Lewis fight, which was equally bad.

Still, I worked 5 new grids on 6, 3 new grids on 2,
and 2 new on 432.  I think that 432 had the best
conditions of all three bands.  One advantage of
moving is that almost everything is a new grid from
your new QTH.

Lets hope things are better this weekend for the SMIRK
contest.  I am taking up a collection for sacrifices
to the propogation gods.  Given last weekend, we in SW
Oklahoma must have ticked them off pretty good.

73s John NE0P