[VHFcontesting] Antenna question

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Antenna question
From: k1dh1@hotmail.com (Donald Huntington)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:17 2003
Hi John,  As far as putting up your mast I would attach it to the highest point
on the house that you can for greatest strength using a good galanized steel
bracket. Also anchor it to the ground by either putting it over a post in
cement or along side a piece of galvanized angle iron in cement with a ubolt or
two around the mast.
As far as interacting with the other antennas, 10 feet should not bother
anything. I think it's far enough away and using different bands on each pole,
it won't detune anything.

Good luck!&nbsp; 73,&nbsp; Don&nbsp; K1DH

&gt;From: John Geiger

&gt;To: Kevin Anderson
, Pete Beedlow
, Bob Cannon
, Chickie Bill Ege
, Todd Forret
, Richard Geifman
, Peg Haese
, Richard Hassell-Bennett
, Walt Holling
, Ted Ladowski
, Theodore Ladowski
, Tom McGuire
, Mark Orey
, "Curtis C. Roseman"
, Jim Rounds
, Bob Striegl
, Jeff Wilkins
, John Wulf
, ab5gh
, ka5vst
, kd5oia
, kd5qyd
, "Steve Brockwell \(KC5TTY\)"
, "Scott Sharp \(KD5OMJ\)"
, "Claude Matchette \(KD5RQ\)"
, "Michael Minor \(NH6CJ\)"
, "James Kennedy \(WH6LR\)"
, "Mike Wood \(WO7GI\)"
, "Donald M. Ross"
, antennas@mailman.qth.net, vhfcontesting@contesting.com

&gt;Subject: [VHFcontesting] Antenna question

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
&gt;Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 08:35:49 -0700 (PDT)

&gt;

&gt;Looking at getting the telescoping mast that I

&gt;purchased at the Oklahoma State convention last

&gt;weekend put up. It will have the mini quad on the

&gt;top, which will put the antenna at about 40 feet or

&gt;so. Here is my question: The best place to mount the

&gt;mast housewise will put it near the roof mount that

&gt;will have the 2 meter and 70cm antennas on it. The

&gt;mini quad will be about 10 feet higher than those

&gt;other antennas, so interactions between the antennas

&gt;should not be a problem. However, the mast will still

&gt;be there. It will probably be 8 to 10 feet away from

&gt;the antennas when they are pointed due north or south.

&gt; Is this too close to the other antennas, causing

&gt;interaction and other nasty effects? Any advice would

&gt;be helpful.

&gt;

&gt;73s John NE0P

&gt;

&gt;p.s. see everyone next weekend in the UHF contest

&gt;

&gt;Do You Yahoo!?

&gt;Yahoo! Health - Feel better, live better

&gt;http://health.yahoo.com

&gt;VHFcontesting mailing list

&gt;VHFcontesting@contesting.com