[VHFcontesting] upcoming Perseids and WSJT/FSK441

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] upcoming Perseids and WSJT/FSK441
From: wbr@verizon.net (wf4r)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:17 2003
Hello All,
    Has there been much thought given to the protocol during the upcoming
Perseids?
    In particular, I'm wondering if 15 sec intervals  even & odd quarter minutes
would be more appropriate, as well as grid locators, (I'm assuming WSJT will
handle the alternating 15 sec intervals ok)
instead of R2X reports.  Also, I'm  guessing that there will be much greater
activity, so I would think that call signs should be used on all messages to
avoid confusion.
    If this has already been discussed and set, please forgive my ignorance for
I've missed the discussion. Anyone else have some
operating tips?
    I plan to be active from FM16ts as much as possible late Saturday evening
into early Sunday morning.  Don't know how long I'll be able to stay up.  Hope
my computer behaves. C U on PJC.
73, Bill, WF4R