[VHFcontesting] June 2002 VHF QSO Party - Who will be active?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] June 2002 VHF QSO Party - Who will be active?
From: spederson@yahoo.com (Scott Pederson)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:04 2003
Howdy all,

For Texas, this is the weekend of the Dallas Hamcom.  Just like last
year, I'm going to go Rover beginning in Dallas and work my way
(hopefully) down to EL28 in Surfside, TX.  Depending on traffic, I'l
probably get there Saturday night or Sunday morning early.

I'll probably swing back through EL19 to arrive at EM10 Sunday evening
back home in Austin.

Last year I spent a lot of time stoping, putting up 30ft of mast and
antennas, operating, then tearing down, and driving off to the next
site.

This year, I'm experimenting with horizontal loops on the roof of the
minivan, so hopefully I won't have to stop as much.  This will be
especially nice because those Mosquitos along the Gulf Coast are HUGE!
hungry too :-)

I'm still building some in the back yard to get the correct length and
feedline so I won't need a tuner. If anyone has some thoughts or ideas
I'm open to suggestions.

Look for me on 6m 100w, 2m, 100w, and 432 20w. (Still haven't saved
enough for an Amp on UHF yet).

My goal is to top the 870 miles I drove in Sept. 8th and 9th, 2001.

I'll try to work some CW as well in case condx are marginal.

Good luck all!

73,
Scott - KI5DR (/R)