[VHFcontesting] CW

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CW
From: w3iy@fcc.net (Bill Seabreeze)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:00 2003
What do folks think about the possibility that CW QSOs count as
another same-points QSO (like in Field Day)?

This would give incentive to do CW, and give us all a much-needed
boost in QSO totals.

Of course, there's no substitute for activity.
I suppose we should all try to encourage each other to get on
more, and make more noise.  Lots of stations seem to lurk, and
only speak up when they hear a new one.  Don't be bashful about
calling CQ...especially on CW.  It tends to last a little longer than a fone
CQ, es thereby gives others more time to tune across you.

Encourage all those 706 es FT-100 guys to get some VHF antennas up!
Clean out your basement and distribute your unused beams to the new
guys.

There's 100s of potential operators out there, if we can just show them
how much fun the VHF/UHF bands can be.  The more, the merrier!

73,
Bill W3IY/R