[VHFcontesting] activating fn51

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] activating fn51
From: k8kfj@ntelos.net (Garie Halstead)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:59 2003
On Wednesday, 23 January 2002, Lou Sarkas wrote:

> I have been asked on numerouse ocasions to activate this grid , I will be
> activating FN51 grid for satellite
> contact on uo-14.  I will be operating from the cape cod nat'l seashore at
> the marconi site, using my
> arrow yagi and Icom t-81 A HT  5W  only

Hello Lou.  I worked WA1ECF on Cape Cod via UO-14 in FN41sr but need
FN51 badly.  There appears to be only a small sliver of land in FN51
(the rest being Atlantic Ocean) so your efforts will be greatly
appreciated by many for activating this rare grid.  Many thanks.

I'm not currently subscribed to the AMSAT reflector but I would
suggest you posting your plans there when finalized.  Many of the
rag chew sat ops will kindly standby most of the pass during these
instances where rare grids are activated or Special Events are
taking place (allowing you to make as many contacts as possible).
I've worked many new grids with satellite ops using the arrow/HT
combination.

I look forward to hearing and working you Lou (especially on the eastern
pass).  Will try to roll a tape during a couple of your passes.

73 //Gary *K8KFJ*
West Virginia