[VHFcontesting] Contest

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Contest
From: w3iy@fcc.net (Bill Seabreeze)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:59 2003
Yo,
Many thanks for all the action!  I had FUN!!
I was kinda disappointed in my score, but we still had fun.
Worked most of what we heard...just didn't hear enuff grids!!
Contrary to popular opinion, I was calling CQ like mad on 144.233
about every 15 minutes or so...so if you didn't hear me, you weren't
listening in my direction, or we didn't have condx...
My little 2m beam aint that sharp!!
Folks just don't point down towards FM16....
The locals down there (NG4C, KN4SM, WF4R...etc) are disillusioned.
Give them some action, or they will head back to HF
and you will hear nothing besides the great VHF es up waterfall!!
Missed many skeds to NE...just never heard stuff...
Showed up for most skeds.
Didn't spend as much time calling on 6m.
Lotsa stations only were on for brief periods, it seemed...
Torrential rain produced good rain scatter on 13, 9, 6. es 3cm bands.
Wish some were there to exploit it besides K8GP es W4RX...hi.
We really shoulda considered starting on the higher bands
instead of working up...lost many oppurtunities.
It rained cats, dogs, and mice all day Saturday until well past midnite!
Got reported to police as "suspicious" in FM15
Eyeball QSL card bailed me out...minimizing police hassle (glad I had one on
me)
Lost the van's alternator between FM18 es FM29. Had to quit early.
Limped home  by tapping unused rover battery resources
to run headlights and ignition system.
It was getting dark fast as I pulled into the hangar.

Read it and weep...(for me!)

    Band      QSOs          QSO pts.      Mults.
    50         58            58            18
    144        122           122           16
    222        54            108           10
    432        72            144           13
    903        25            100           7
    1296       23            92            7
    2304       15            120           3
    3456       12            96            3
    5760       7             56            2
    10368      7             56            2
    TOTALS     395           952          81 + 9 = 90

                          Claimed score = 85,680

73,
Bill W3IY/R

P.S.  See everyone in Microwave_Activity_Days...

http://members.fcc.net/wseab