[VHFcontesting] Sept. VHF QSO Party Results - KI5DR/R

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Sept. VHF QSO Party Results - KI5DR/R
From: spederson@yahoo.com (Scott Pederson)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:51 2003
Howdy all,

Started 2:00 pm Saturday, drove down to EL28 to put it on the air from
the Beach.  Then meandered back to Austin Sunday night.

My first full rover effort!  Had a wonderful time, but wish there were
a few openings to make it more exciting.  Rain early Sunday hampered
efforts, very few stations on during lightning!  Here's the results:

QSOs:98  QSO Pts:119  Grids worked:28  Grids activated:7

Total points: 119 * 35 = 4,165 points.

Station was IC-706MkIIg, 100w on 6m + 2el, 50w on 2m + 4el, 20w on 432
+ 11el at 30 ft.

Lots of things to improve on, bigger antennas, more power.  Found
several really nice locations to operate from, and a few I'd probably
not go back to.  Looking forward to operating again soon!

73,
Scott - DR