[VHFcontesting] N9RLA/R Rover schedule for the 2001 ARRL September VHF Q

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] N9RLA/R Rover schedule for the 2001 ARRL September VHF QSO Party
From: n9rla@yahoo.com (Dan Evans)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:50 2003
Warning:  LONG POST!

N9RLA/R Schedule
For the 2001 ARRL September VHF QSO Party

I'm shooting for a personal best again for this contest. I've made a few
small station improvements that should help with this goal.  I am basically
going to run the same schedule for this contest that I did in June, but
inverted!  I'll be starting in the south, and working my way north this time
out.  I'll start the contest in EM77 on site at the Greater Louisville
Hamfest.  I'll spend about an hour in EM77, [more if needed] then head over
to EM67.  I'll spend another hour in EM67, then head north to EM78.  I have
a really good site in EM78 on a hilltop just outside of Henryville, IN, so I
may spend a couple of hours there if the activity holds up.  Then it's off
to EM68 and a hilltop east of Salem, IN.  I'll close out the evening in
EM68, then head home for some rest.

Sunday morning I plan to start off in EM69 from one of my favorite sites on
a nice hilltop just outside of Nashville, IN.  This is always a great site,
so I'll probably spend most of the morning there.  Then I plan to head north
and hit EN60 just west of Noblesville, IN.  After about an hour in EN60, I'
ll head a couple of miles east and pick up EN70.  I'll spend at least an
hour in EN70, then turn back south for the drive home.  I'll pass through
EM79, 69, & 78 on the way home as well.

Still haven't motivated myself enough to try for EN61 & 71 yet.  But hey,
you have to save something for next year!

So that works out to the following rough time table:
Saturday
1800z-1900z  EM77
1900z-2000z transit
2000z-2100z  EM67
2100z-2330z transit
2330z-0130z EM78
0130z-0200z transit
0200z-?         EM68
Sunday
1100z-1500z  EM69
1500z-1700z transit
1700z-1800z EN60
1800z-1900z EN70
1900z-2100z transit home [EN60, EM69, EM79, EM78]

Gear this time out will be my Icom 746, with 100 watts out on 6 & 2.
Unfortunately, no other bands yet.  I'll have a K0FF loop for 6 meters, as
well as my freshly homebrewed Moxon rectangle to use when stopped.  I'll be
using a CC 4 element yagi for 2 meters.  I'm going to raise the antennas a
few more feet above the truck this time out which should fix most of the
antenna troubles I had in June.  Plus the Moxon will add some gain on 6 when
I'm stopped.

Assuming the camera batteries don't die again this time out, I'll have
photos on the web page soon after the contest.  Kinda miss that ol' FM2
sometimes...

Hope to contact each and every one of you!
73 & GL
Dan

Dan Evans N9RLA
Scottsburg, IN 47170
{EM78}
IN-Ham list administrator
QRP-l #1269
1/2 of the N9RLA /R no budget Rover Team
Check out the Rover Resource Page at:
http://www.qsl.net/n9rla