[VHFcontesting] WSJT, and contesting

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] WSJT, and contesting
From: km5es@arrl.net (John Petersen)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:49 2003
Hello All

And 3 cheer's for Arliss W7XU's comment's.I am a firm believer in using WSJT
and I also believe it should be used in contest's. It does not amaze me 95
percent of the comments I have seen about this subject are people who have
never tried this new mode. And No is is not ran 100 percent by the computer.
And yes it is a grid filler. I have used both HSCW and WSJT and have worked
22 new grid squares and have 46 initial's on WSJT in the past month and well
over 100 contacts.

If you want to do away with people using WSJT and HCSW for contacts during
the skeds,you best not be running a computer or your voice keyer or anything
else that animates the QSO. God knows I have heard many many contacts being
done this way.

Contest's are on the downfall now due to people being bored never hearing
the bands open and lack of activity. You should embrace WSJT and HSCW as one
of the futures in VHF/UHF work. If you want to work on SSB fine and dandy. I
have only been on 2 meter ssb for the past 3 1/2 years and without any
contest assistance,computers, I have worked over 150 grids I dont have to
have it either but it sure beats the hell out of listening to static or
someone belly aching about where they hurt and who died. To keep the
activity up on the bands, to open up new area's and to make contest's more
fun,instead of working the same ole people contest after contest.

If you don't know anything about something don't say anything,but looking at
the non-sense that has been on this reflector about HSMS is just
non-sense.If you havent tried it you might like it.

73 John KM5ES