Re: [TowerTalk] RF Industries Connectors/Adapters

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF Industries Connectors/Adapters
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2024 10:43:51 -0700
On 6/8/2024 8:33 PM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
I have no experience with other brands but I am wondering if a UHF connector
can be used on your existing cable and eliminate the adaptor?  I don't know
what cable you're using.  Commscope UHF connectors L44P and L45P for 1/2 and
7/8 Heliax are frequently available on eBay.

Thanks John. Yes, I'd thought of that, and before posting, had ordered a couple of RF Industries UHF Males for Andrew or Cablewave 1/2-in line. They arrived today, and look good. I'm going to put one of them on a new line that I've temporarily used an expensive adapter terminate at my lightning panel. It does, indeed, look like a decent connector. Are the Andrew/Commscope connectors any better? I'd not realized that they existed.

73, Jim K9YC