Re: [TowerTalk] Penn-Tech International

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Penn-Tech International
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 21:13:48 -0400
Yes, much better than nothing - at least you can obtain equilibrium around the tower, and be somewhat in the right range.

In general with deflection type measurements, the stiffness of EHS compared to aircraft cable will cause more error at low tensions. At high tensions the tension itself starts to swamp out the stiffness error.

The Penn-Techs are designed for larger wire. I used to have a couple - I think they have a range of something like 3/8"-3/4" or a little bigger.

-Steve K8LX