Re: [TowerTalk] Homebrew 30m beam

To: "[TowerTalk]" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Homebrew 30m beam
From: JVarney <jvarn359@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 08:26:32 -0700
I don't know, 46.3 ft wingspan unsupported is
too floppy and droopy for my taste. The elements
in the 40-2CD are undersized, they start at
1.25 in at the feedpoint but should be 1.50 in.
minimum. That could be addressed with an
element support truss, but that adds
mechanical complexity.

If it were me I'd go 40% shorter, say 28 ft
wingspan and insert an air coil with Q=800
or better in the middle. That would provide a
more robust structure while being efficient
with minimal losses, probably less than
0.5 dB.

73 Jim K6OK