Re: [TowerTalk] A High Efficiency Broadband Antenna - The Broadcasters D

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A High Efficiency Broadband Antenna - The Broadcasters D
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 05:39:09 -0500
I think this topic is more appropriate for the 160 m. Topband email list.

I've been following the discussion about this antenna on FB and it's
similar in that some folks think it's BS and others have a wait and
see attitude.  I support the latter.  Here's why:

The people associated with the work on it are guys with solid
reputations, men like Kurt Goreman who would not put his chops and
business, Phasetek, on the line if it were a scam antenna.

They have received a CP from the FCC for day and night operation.

Scam antennas may get some traction in the ham world where there are
hundreds of thousands of folks with no training in engineering,
science and objectivity and are therefore willing to be deceived, but
in the broadcast world, people operate based on data and facts.
Anyone with a scam, at least on the RF side, would have to be a fool,
and the people involved with this antenna are not fools.

With that said, their website is lacking in details, at least for now.
Not sure why.  Maybe they're waiting for a patent?

73

Rob
K5UJ