Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Tilt-Over Ca 1. Tower Tilt-Over Cable Attachment (

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Tilt-Over Ca 1. Tower Tilt-Over Cable Attachment (Drew Vonada-Smith)ble Attachment (Drew Vonada-Smith)
From: <marko.n5zo@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 14:16:32 -0700
Did you figure this out ?
I just worked on that tower with tilt fixture myself last week (1st time
too).
There is small sling that wraps around tower leg and connects with bolt to
end of winch cable and thimble on it.
I will send you picture of it.
73 de Marko N5ZO

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 19:40:59 +0000
From: Drew Vonada-Smith <drew@whisperingwoods.org>
To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Tilt-Over Cable Attachment
com>

I am installing a used crank-up/tilt-over tower, an older Tashjian model.
My next step is to finish the tilt-over mechanism and place it all on the
already poured foundation.  I have replaced the tilt winch and pulley
mounted on the raising fixture, but there is no cable attachment point
present to attach the cable to the tower leg (about 8 ft high, per the
diagram).

What is the correct method/type of hardware to attach the tilt-over cable to
the bottom section tower leg?  Obviously, it must allow room for the
sections to nest.

73,
Drew K3PA

End of TowerTalk Digest, Vol 256, Issue 10