Re: [TowerTalk] All Day Everyday Unattended FT8

To: Mike Ryan <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] All Day Everyday Unattended FT8
From: Ken WA8JXM <wa8jxm@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 01:37:52 -0400
>>>  No one should be allowed to operate a station..NON STOP for more than
96 consecutive hours (so far this week) basically unattended. It would
appear that the operator intends to work DXCC on 20m without even being in
the room with the radio.

Be careful of what you ask for.   FM repeaters operate continuously.
 Packet/APRS stations operate continuously passing traffic, etc.  Likewise
WINLINK and other digital modes. Beacon stations may run 24/7 without an
operator.
Back in the 1980's I ran 3 packet nodes passing intercity traffic and a
local access BBS, 24/7.

As for DXCC without being in the room, I believe ARRL has a requirement
that DXCC contacts MUST have an operator participate at least once in every
contact.  I could be mistaken.

Ken  WA8JXM