Re: [TowerTalk] Electrical Tape

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Electrical Tape
From: Jim W7RY <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 14:55:14 -0600
Here is what Jim  is talking about:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rescue+tape&crid=1A0RFM6JW3PHT&sprefix=rescue+tape%2Caps%2C102&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

You can get it at your local hardware store too.

I also use it. Works great.

73, Jim W7RY

On 3/8/2024 3:06 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On 3/8/2024 11:36 AM, Chuck Gooden wrote:
I use Scotch Super 88 its 1.5 mil thicker than Scotch 33+ and it has strong adhesive.

I like Pete's observation about the importance of environmental extremes. For about 10 years, W6GJB and I have settled on a first wrap of a self-fusing Silicone tape like Rescue Tape, with an over-wrap of Scotch 88. This has proved to be excellent in the moderate climate of middle latitude coastal California.

What we like about it is that it provides excellent waterproofing, while still being very easy to remove when needed. We simply unwrap the 88, then slice the self-fusing tape with a blade.

We've also been using a "Liquid Tape" around places where tape cannot provide an effective water seal, like the in-line and center-insulator chokes that Glen has built.

73, Jim K9YC

Thanks and 73, Jim W7RY