Re: [TowerTalk] SELF-SUPPORTING TOWER NEEDED IN THE MIDWEST

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SELF-SUPPORTING TOWER NEEDED IN THE MIDWEST
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 20:18:45 -0500
Same here in my county with a 140 ft self-supporting Pirod tower.  The tower
is in a rural area on the FL/GA state line.  The county inspector measured
the distance from the nearest corner of the tower to the property line.

During the build, inspectors took a critical look at the excavated base and
compared placement of rebar and orientation against the PE-stamped Pirod
design.  The inspector didn't see my Ufer ground on the design and withheld
approval until I could establish that it didn't affect the structural
integrity in any way.  The tower base is approximately 10' x 10' x 8 ' deep.
A second Pirod self-supporting tower is 100 ft and 180 ft away from the
larger tower and has a slightly smaller base.

Two sources of used self-supporting towers:

https://towerdirect.net/
https://usedtowers.com/product-category/selfsupportingtowers/

Paul, W9AC