Re: [TowerTalk] Copper wire thieves destroy 500 ft tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Copper wire thieves destroy 500 ft tower
From: Jim W7RY <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 21:09:08 -0600
Its both.

https://scmsinc.com/product/andrew-hj8-50b-3-air-cable/

Jim W7RY

On 1/20/2024 7:56 PM, Danny K5CG wrote:
I recall when I was in my 20s (young and stupid) I worked for LeBlanc & Royle in Canada. We
had an overnight job near Kingston Ontario to clean every connector of a 3" copper feedline
going up a tower. We would remove the flange bolts, winch up the section above enough to get the
"bullet" out of the center conductor, clean it, and reassemble. Then up to the next
segment. It took all night, but we had a great view from the top at sunup.

3" copper is real hardline, not this flexible stuff called Heliax.

73
Danny, K5CG
HH 550-000-0609
SKCC 14257