Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: Radial Attachment Plate

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: Radial Attachment Plate
From: "larryj@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 00:39:31 +0000
I've used an LJE - Lance Johnson Engineering radial plate model GP-1 with my
vertical antennas, which was very convenient. I'd like to find another one, but
LJE seems to no longer be in business. I think they were also sold at the
Kansas City DX Club booth at Dayton years ago. But they don't seem to be
available anywhere, any more. I look for them at hamfests and swap meets
(including Dayton,) but no luck finding one. The one I still have has the wire
mounting screws corroded and won't come out, even with liberal application of
PB Blaster, etc. If I ever find another one, I'll be sure to use plenty of
lubricant before I put the radial wire screws in!

LJ