[TowerTalk] 4 Square contol box for 75-80 m, price lowered

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 4 Square contol box for 75-80 m, price lowered
From: Steve Davis | Davis RF <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 22:48:53 +0000
I have a 4 Square relay box avail 75-80 m. which was produced by Colatchco,
Inc., the predecessor to K8UR COMTEK design. The relay box worked fine last
time I used it. I worked many rare DX , including China, both long and short
path on 75m. SSB, from MA. It comes with Colatchco user info, and some extra
plugin relays & warranty.  Nice low angle take off and F/B is exc, using 43  ¼
wave verticals and ground radials (30 min per vert, 120 maximum performance)

This item is not part of DAVIS RF inventory, as we never sold these, because
Colatchco sold direct.Colatchco sold the rights to COMTEK.

The current COMTEK unit from DXE is advertised at close to $ 400.00 . I can
sell this for $ 195.00 + ship., w/manual, doc's and extra relays.
There is not a cover for the unit. It should not be hard to obtain one, or
fabricate it yourself. Or you can simply mount it inside an upside down pale.
DXE may be ab;e to buy cover from DXE.  I can provide dimensions.
I will warranty the unit to work properly, as long as you test it within 15
days of receipt. More details will send you, complete install instructs.

Also,text and diag.for easy building of aluminum tube Verticals 73,Steve K1PEK

Message: 2