Re: [TowerTalk] Large solar farm and RFI

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Large solar farm and RFI
From: n1bkb--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 20:19:33 +0000 (UTC)
 Hi Ignacy,
Whether the planned solar power array will emit RFI or not is a function of
what brand of inverter they use.  Unfortunately, some supposedly Part 15
certified inverters are serious HF RFI offenders and some are not.  Before I
contracted with my solar company for the installation at my home, I personally
visited two of their installations with a borrowed Yaesu FT-819 and went
through all the bands to verify their inverters were truly Part 15 compliant
and RFI free in all HF ham bands.

Per a previous comment on your ask, I personally see your only choice being
that of contacting the company scheduled to do the work, find out where else
they've created such a system, and then visit that site with an HF radio to
verify what RFI exposure you may or may not be facing.

Good luck!
Steve - N1BKB