[TowerTalk] Fw: [MARC-MD] US-Towers HDX 555 stuck up. Help anyone?

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: [MARC-MD] US-Towers HDX 555 stuck up. Help anyone?
From: Gene Smar via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2023 14:10:52 +0000 (UTC)
TT:
     Can someone help Bruce with his crank-up question? Please reply to him and
not me. Many thanks.
73 deGene Smar AD3F

Sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 model 100 laptop

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: "euntermeyerbbaskett via MARC-MD"
<marc-md@marcclub.org> To: "MARC Amateur Radio Club" <marc-md@marcclub.org> Cc:
 Sent: Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 5:54 PM Subject: [MARC-MD] US-Towers HDX 555 stuck
up. Help anyone?
I am looking at an HDX 555 tower and lifter of a friend of mine who is blind.
It is fully extended up. There is no noise from the motor. After some other
basic trouble shooting, I checked the motor's start capacitor, and it seems OK.
Makes a nice big spark when shorted.  There is an indoor controller, and at the
tower's service panel one of several relays can be heard when toggle switch for
down is thrown (indoor or out.)Ideas/experiences? What is next? Any help or
suggestions would be very appreciated.  I have not found or seen any service
manuals. Please write me at my arrl.net address.Thanks, 73, ~ Bruce K3BAB

Sent from my Galaxy