[TowerTalk] 10K ten turn pot

To: kj6y--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 10K ten turn pot
From: Dave Sublette <k4to.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 09:06:50 -0500
FYI. MPJA.com has linear, ten turn, 10K potentiometers for $3.49.  This is
the standard position potentiometer on the Prosystel rotators. Anyone who
has replaced one of these knows they cost upwards of $20 new.  Now is the
time to stock up a couple of spares.

However, I will say that if you are using the RT-21 controller from Green
Heron, they recommend that you change the 10K, 10 turn pot to a three turn,
500 ohm pot for better resolution.

I have used both and they both work for HF positioning.  That component is
often the first to fail when nearby lightning strikes.

73,

Dave, K4TO