Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower MA-550 questions...

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower MA-550 questions...
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 14:19:05 -0700
The cover of the PE analysis on the UST web site shows the answer is no. 1.4sq ft at 46ft @ 90mph.

Grant KZ1W

On 8/29/2022 13:49, Jim Dawson wrote:
I'm looking at purchasing a used US Tower model MA-550 on an MARB-550 rotor base. I don't know anyone who has used one so I have questions: Will it handle a small tri-bander with a 40 meter element safely? I will limit it to 40-45 feet because of proximity to power lines.

I recently downsized from a 120' Rohn 45 with stacked mono-banders thinking I was finished with ham radio. It took only a few months to realize I wasn't ready to give it up yet but I had already moved to a small house on a very small lot with no room for guys.

I'd appreciate any helpful comments or experience with this tower.

Thanks,
Jim - K9DD