Re: [TowerTalk] Hose Clamps Compared

To: John Simmons <jasimmons@pinewooddata.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hose Clamps Compared
From: Jim W7RY <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 18:51:21 -0500

What you failed to mention is that gravity is what really holds the DB-224 together. The two sections slide inside of one another. Exactly the same as a Rohn tower section.  The hose clamps are to simply keep the sections from moving at the joint.

I've installed countless numbers of them (and the UHF version DB-408, DB-411 etc) on commercial towers. They work and hold together just fine. They can even be lifted by the top and they hold together just fine.

73, Jim W7RY