Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with K0XG guy ring bearings?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with K0XG guy ring bearings?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 16:40:39 -0700
I have 7 rotator rings on Rohn65.

What I learned was to check all of the assembly items - I had bottomed out bolts, loose bolts, missing lockwashers, incorrect cam follower diameters, etc.

The design is excellent and the parts are well made, the assemblers were incompetent.

For cam followers there are 3 versions - open, sealed, and Zerk grease fitting holes. I don't know the design details for tower rings or what might be best in that application, given how they might be exposed or not to the weather. Having Zerks that can get a shot of grease every year appeals to me but YMMV.

I also found that it takes a bit of searching to source exact match followers.

Grant KZ1W