Re: [TowerTalk] Increasing power capability of 6-meter yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Increasing power capability of 6-meter yagi
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 23:08:31 -0400
Cushcraft and M2 6 meter beams have gamma or T matches, G0KSC's 6m antennas
use an insulated driven element that is directly fed. It has no matching
losses, no gamma capacitor power limitation (which was N4ZR's original
concern) and very good bandwidth. Justin does interesting things such as
making the driven element U shaped.

73,
John KK9A

Jim Brown K9YC wrote:

On 7/31/2022 12:45 PM, john at kk9a.com wrote:
> They are building new antennas but following very old designs.

The well-known shortcoming of MFJ is quality control, not design.
Several years ago, they arranged to built some of G0KSC's designs. When
I bought a long 6M yagi a year or two ago, I chose to buy from Justin.
It's built like a brick outhouse. It replaced an M2 Yagi of the same
boom length, and reduces off-axis RX noise by a few dB in some
directions because it has a tighter pattern.

73, Jim K9YC