Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Feeding single band HF yagis 500+ ft from the shack

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Feeding single band HF yagis 500+ ft from the shack
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 11:07:35 -0700
On 5/18/2022 10:49 AM, Grant Saviers wrote:
"pretty soon a fraction of a db here and there adds to 3db"

Yep. I've done a lot of optimization in my station doing exactly this. Lower loss feedlines, using RG11 on high dipoles rather than RG8 to reduce mismatch loss at the band edges, raising those dipoles another 20 ft, LP100A power meter (higher accuracy, peak reading) so that I can run closer to legal limit.

73, Jim K9YC