Re: [TowerTalk] Declination

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Declination
From: "Lux, Jim" <jim@luxfamily.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 15:30:22 -0700
On 4/29/22 12:55 PM, Michael Ward wrote:
I like to keep it simple, just download "Compass by Melon Soft" for your phone.  You can switch between True North and Magnetic North. It is one of the more useful apps to have on your phone, since your phone always knows where you are located.

On iPhone, I like Theodolite from Hunter Research.  It's inexpensive, and it has a lot of nice features.  You can point at things and get elevation angles and azimuth, it can put up a reticle to measure distances, etc.

Also, on iPhone, the standard Compass App that comes with iOS can be set to either True or Magnetic (it's in settings)

K6BR