Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt fed tower for 160m

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>, Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt fed tower for 160m
From: "J. Hunt via TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 02:14:54 +0000 (UTC)

Stan,
Is the 80' tower guyed or a self supporter?
Cheers,James
    On Thursday, April 7, 2022, 08:56:01 PM CDT, Stan Stockton
<wa5rtg@gmail.com> wrote:

 I am interested in knowing what the detriment might be if you had a 80 foot
tower with a large Yagi for top loading within four feet of a 20 foot tall
concrete building with lots of rebar and a metal roof.

I’m not worried about matching the tower for 50 ohm feed but worried about
whether the concrete structure will attenuate the radiated signal and if so, by
how much.

Thanks…Stan, ZF9CW