Re: [TowerTalk] separation between 40m rotary dipole and 3 element beam

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] separation between 40m rotary dipole and 3 element beam
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 06:10:49 -0400
The answer is likely "it depends on the specific antennas involved".

Last year I placed an OptiBeam OB1-4030 about 9 feet above my TH11DX. I did not rotate it 90 degrees. The elements are parallel. I am sure there is some interaction but I cannot notice a change in pattern or SWR on any band.

Paul N1BUG