Re: [TowerTalk] Speaking of F Connectors

To: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>, "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Speaking of F Connectors
From: erie patselllis via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 20:15:15 +0000 (UTC)
Stan, the Augat/Thomas and Betts tool makes stripping and compression almost
trivial.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, February 4, 2022, 11:32 AM, Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com> wrote:

I have been using these on this trip.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184465408028

They have a rubbery boot on the end for further protection from water.

I use a dull utility knife to strip an eyeballed ~ 5/8 inch of outer covering,
pull back the braid and then take off about half that amount of the foil and
dilelectric to the center conductor on Commscope Tri Shield (F6TSEF)
underground RG-6 and push the connector on without ever having an issue.

Using a Cable Pro CPFPCT-596 compression tool which I think I got at Lowe’s.

The whole process take about 15 seconds including spitting out the dielectric
after it sticks to the blade on the knife or your fingers. You will not be able
to shake it off.

73…Stan, ZF9CW

Sent from my iPhone