Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum tubing needed

To: Brad Anbro <n9en@live.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum tubing needed
From: Bob Matthews via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 08:27:24 -0500
Supplies of 3 inch aircraft tubing seem to be in very limited supply if not
unattainable at all at the time.

The common wall thickness you need is a. ,058 wall thickness this will normally
allow tubing diameters of lesser values of 1/8 inch to slide inside the larger.
IE  3 inch .058 connected vis 2.875. X .058 wall thickness.

Or 2.875x .058 connected with 2.750 x .058 inches. You can increment these
sizes down to 1/2 inch tubing.

Normally DCE has a good supply however these days getting stock on shelves is a
bit of a challenge. If I had a piece of 3 inch x .059 wall I would send it to
you. But it seems even my supply of scraps are limited now.

Bob KT3RR

Sent from my iPhone