Re: [TowerTalk] Carbon fiber for mast and antennas

To: Ignacy Misztal <no9e@arrl.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Carbon fiber for mast and antennas
From: Henry Pollock - K4TMC <kilo4tmc@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 12:28:27 -0400
Ignacy,

Thanks for the link to the rylwy.com information.  I used the GagaParts 34
ft fiberglass pole with a 12 ft extension to support a 160M Inverted-V with
FCP during the past CQWW160SSB contest from a portable beach location on
the NC coast.  Due to the beach winds, I used two levels of guying.  I have
now obtained the lighter 34 and 50 ft carbon fiber poles and plan to use
them to support portable verticals and dipoles in future contests from the
beach site.  I also have 17 ft carbon fiber extensions for both poles.

73,
Henry - K4TMC